New features in this long-awaited release:
- Initial Symbian support for GPAC
- Massive memory optimizations for the 2D renderer and SVG scenes
- Better LASeR support
- ALSA output module
- Linux DVB support
- JPEG-2000 support through OpenJPEG library
- Major improvements in the SAX parser
- Support for multiple RTSP session per SDP
- Global log system
- mp4_streamer, a simple uni/multicaster for MP4/3GP files, working without hint tracks. This tool van also be used to simulate DVB-H service bursts
- mp42ts, a draft MPEG-2 TS multiplexer. The multiplexer only supports MPEG-2 Video, MPEG-1 video and MPEG-1 audio. It is capable of outputing to a file or to a rtp/udp port. The source programs can either be local ISO Media files or SDP files describing a uni/multicast already setup (no RTSP support).
- And of course the usual lot of bug fixes and other improvements …
Check the complete changelog.