Osmo4 has support for MPEG-DASH and Apple HLS playback.
You can test DASH playback in GPAC using Osmo4/MP4Client. The player supports a good part of the technology:
- playback from an HTTP(s) server or from local storage for test purposes.
- Media segments based on TS and ISOBMF, with 3GPP timed text support
- Multiple period support
- group selection support
- independent component download (one adaptation set for audio, one for video)
- most MPD syntax is supported
- Bitstream switching mode: multiple SampleDescription are not supported but using coherent (e.g. non-conflicting) SPS/PPS IDs in different representations works.
- Non Bitstream Switching mode
- manual quality switching by using ctrl+h and ctrl+l
- basic automatic quality switching when playing HTTP urls
The dash playback engine is no longer a player module and can be used as part of libgpac to build other clients/downloaders, with the resource downloader/fetcher of your choice. You can get some inspiration looking at the DASH client header